BS Accountancy is a four-year trimestral undergraduate degree program that provides general accounting education to students wanting to pursue a professional career in Accountancy in general and in Public Accounting in particular. NU Laguna’s BSA program fully complies with the latest competency framework for professional accountants issued by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) through their International Education Standards. Thus, this qualifies the graduate to take assessments leading to certifications in Accountancy given by the Professional Regulatory Commission-Board of Accountancy (PRC-BOA) and other global professional Accountancy organizations.
One unique feature of NU Laguna’s Accountancy program is the inclusion of sports to achieve a healthy school-life balance. Elective sports-related courses, such as Sports Finance and Sports Entrepreneurship, are infused into the program, which further train the students on the use of accounting associated with sports settings and organizations.
Further, all students are given the opportunity to train in football, volleyball, basketball, swimming, including the opportunity to use INSPIRE Sports Academy’s high-performance gym.
BS Accountancy graduates may find themselves in the following job roles:
- Public Practice: Junior Analyst, Consulting staff
- Commerce and Industry: Cost Analyst, Investment Analyst, Accountancy Staff, Tax Accounting Staff, Financial Analyst, Budget Analyst, Credit Analyst, Cost Accountant
- Government: State Accounting Examiner, NBI Agent, Treasury Agent, State Accountant, LGU Accountant, Revenue Officer, Audit Examiner, Budget Officer, Financial Services Specialist
- Education: Junior Accounting Instructor
After obtaining sufficient meaningful experience, the graduate of the BSA program can assume any of the following positions:
- Public Practice: Senior Consulting Manager/Financial, Advisory Manager
- Commerce and Industry: Controller/Comptroller, Senior Information Systems Auditor, Senior Loan Officer, Senior Budget Officer
- Government: State Accountant V, Director Ill and Director IV, Government Accountancy and Audit, Financial Services Manager, Audit Services Manager, Senior Auditor
- Education: Senior Faculty, Accounting Department Chair
- Public Practice: Partner, Senior Partner, Senior Consultant/Financial Advisor
- Commerce and Industry: Finance Director/Chief Financial Officer, Chief Information Officer
- Government: National Treasurer, Vice President for Finance/CFO (for GOCCs), Commissioner, Associate Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner, (COA, BIR, BOC)
- Education: Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dean